Submit Your Final Plan of Study
A Final Plan of Study is required for all students who intend to graduate, except for Nursing and Pharmacy students. The Final Plan of Study is due on or before the fourth week of your final semester. The process described here generates a report which is routed directly to your advisor.
Requirement! In order to submit your Final Plan of Study, you must have applied for graduation in the Student Admin System.
Navigate to the Submit for Approval button by logging in and then clicking:
- Self Service from the Main Menu, and then Student Center.
- There are two methods to navigate to the My Academic Requirements page. From the Student Center, under the Academics section, from the 'other academic...' drop down menu, select Academic Requirements and then click the double arrow Go button. OR, click the My Academics link and then click the View my advisement report link.
- Wait as the system generates your advisement report.
- On the My Academic Requirements page, click the Submit Final Plan of Study button. Important! This button does not display unless you have already applied for graduation.
- Confirm your request by clicking the OK button. Click the Cancel button to cancel your request.
- On the Final Plan of Study Comments page, enter text regarding any course related information that requires approval. Then click the OK button to send your request to your advisor. [Note: the sample below is for a Civil Engineering student.]
- Two emails are generated. One is sent to your advisor asking them to review and approve your Final Plan of Study. Another is sent to you (sample below) confirming your request has been sent. Click the My Plan of Study Approvals link. Log into the Student Admin System with your NetID/password.
- The My Plan of Study Approvals page displays. To view or submit additional comments, click the Comments icon.
- Your previously submitted comments display, indicating the date and time submitted. Enter any new comments and then click the OK button.
- At any time, there are two methods that you can use to access your My Plan of Study Approvals page. Navigate from your Student Center > My Academics > View My Plan of Study Approvals.
- OR from your Student Center, in the Academics section, select Plan of Study Approvals from the drop-down arrow, and then click the GO icon.
- When your advisor and dean approve your Final Plan of Study, you receive an email. Sample below.
If you have questions regarding submitting your Final Plan of Study, contact either your Academic Advisor or the Degree Audit unit of the Storrs Registrar's Office at 860-486-6214.