Instructors and Advisors Help

Change Final Grades

You can submit Final Grade changes after grades have been approved and posted, as provided in the University By-Laws:

Grades are part of the student's permanent record. Therefore they should never be changed for reasons unrelated to course requirements or quality of work. An instructor may neither accept additional work nor give additional examinations once the grade in the course has been submitted. Nevertheless, there can be situations in which course grades may and ought to be changed. These comprise computational errors, clerical errors, and the discovery of overlooked components in a student's body of work.

After logging in, navigate to the Change Final Grades by clicking:

  1. Self Service in the Menu, then Faculty Center.
  2. From the Faculty Center , click the Grade Roster containing the grade you wish to change and click the Grade Roster icon to the left of that section.
    The Grade Roster for the selected class displays. To be able to change a final grade, the Approval Status must be ApprovedĀ and Posted.
  3. Click the Request Grade Change link.
    The Grade Change Request page displays where you can edit the official grades.
  4. Click the Official Grade drop-down list of the grade you wish to change and select the new grade.
  5. You must enter a Reason for each grade change. Click the magnifying glass to access the list of choices.
  6. Select a reason. If the appropriate reason is not listed, select Other.
    NOTE: When selecting Other, you will be required to enter a comment explaining the reason. The reason and comment entered will be part of the email notification sent to all parties.You may change as many grades as necessary, however, if you are changing multiple grades, limit your changes to no more than ten at a time to avoid processing errors.
  7. When your changes are complete, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Submit. You must click Submit to process your changes.
  8. When the grade change processes successfully, Success displays next to the changed grade. If you receive an error message after clicking Submit, contact the Registrar's Office for assistance at (860) 486-3331.
  9. Repeat the process to change additional grades.

Upon submission, an email is generated to all parties involved which includes: Instructor, Student, Department Head of subject, and Dean's office. The email includes the original and changed grade, the reason for the change, and any comments entered.

NOTE: You may change grades you previously changed, however, you cannot change solely a Reason or Comment. If a reason or comment was entered in error, contact the Registrar's office for assistance at (860) 486-3331.