Dropping Classes from a Student’s Schedule
Use this procedure when dropping classes from a student’s schedule. If you need to swap classes for a student, use the Swapping Classes in a Student’s Schedule procedure.
To drop a class from a student’s enrollment, you create a new enrollment request and change the Action to Drop.
Path: Records and Enrollment > Enroll Students > Enrollment Request
- In the ID field, enter the student’s ID. To select an ID from the Lookup List, click the magnifying glass icon to the right of the field. On the Lookup ID page, type the student’s name and then click Look Up. A list of IDs is displayed.
Note: You may need to click View All for all IDs to appear.
- In the Academic Career field, type the student’s Academic Career code, or use the magnifying glass icon to search for the applicable codes.
Note: Students may have more than one code listed. Select the code for the student’s current academic career.
- In the Academic Institution field, type UCONN.
- In the Term field, type the Term code for the term for which you’d like to enroll the student. Use the magnifying glass icon to see the terms for which the student has been term activated.
- Click Add.
- From the Action drop-down list, choose Drop.
- In the Class Nbr field, enter the Class Number or, to select a Class Number from the Enrollment Listing, click the magnifying glass icon to the right of the field. On the Enrollment Listing page, click the checkbox to the left of the class you would like to drop.
Verify that you have chosen the correct course.
- To drop the student from another class, click the plus sign and repeat steps 6 through 7.
- Click Submit.
- Verify the Status has changed to Success. If the Status is Errors Found, scroll down to view the error messages in the Error Messages portion of the page. Use the blue navigation bar to view errors on each class in the enrollment request.
- To view the student's schedule, click Study List.
- To print the report, click Printer Friendly Page and choose File > Print from your browser menu.
- Click Cancel twice to return to the Enrollment Request page.
- To initiate another enrollment request, scroll to the bottom right of the page and click Add.