Browser Troubleshooting Strategies
Below are troubleshooting strategies to try for any PeopleSoft Student Administration System end user who experiences difficulty logging in, viewing pages, navigating and/or updating information following a system upgrade.
Important: Log into the SA System after each step attempted before going on to the next step.
- Log out of the PS System and clear/delete browser cache, and log back into the system.
- Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet Options > General tab > under Browsing History, select checkboxes pictured below > Delete > OK.
- Firefox: Tools > Clear Recent History > Under Time Range to Clear, select Everything > Select the Cookies and Cache checkboxes > Clear Now.
- Chrome: Click the customize/control symbol (three horizontal bars) to far right side of page > Clear all browsing history.
- Safari: History > Clear History.
- If your home page is missing the menu bar, or if links are right-aligned in a vertical stack on the page:
- Right click in the toolbar area, and select Menu Bar.
- Click View > Refresh.
- Delete any browser Favorite, Bookmark, or Shortcut you have set for the PS SA System login page, and reset a new one for http://studentadmin.uconn.edu/
- Try logging into the SA System with a different browser (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.) to determine if your issue is browser-specific.
- Add studentadmin.uconn.edu to your browser's trusted sites.
- Note: For IE9, click Tools > Internet Options > Security Tab > Trusted Sites > Sites > Add
- See Browser Settings and Printing Guidelines for the SA System.
- Check the Compatibility Settings in Internet Explorer: Tools > Compatibility View Settings
- Delete All files in your C: drive temp folder.
- C:UsersnetidAppDataLocalTemp (i.e. NetID = your netid that you logged into the PC)
- From tool bar, click Edit > Select All > delete all files in the temp folder
- Uninstall and reinstall Java
- Start > Control Panel > Java (select Java tab)
- Do you have the most recent release of Java installed? If not, uninstall the current version: Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features. Scroll to Java programs installed and then uninstall all instances.
- Once uninstalled, access website http://www.java.com/en/ and install current release of Java.
- Reset Internet Explorer 9
- Caution! Copy your IE favorites to your Desktop, as resetting IE9 deletes browser favorites. Note: Resetting IE9 browser defaults may also have adverse effects to other applications that use IE.
- From the IE9 menu bar, click Tools > Options > Advanced tab
- Under the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, click the Reset button.
- Re-copy the backup of favorites from Desktop to Favorites folder.
- For assistance with any of the steps above, contact your departmental technical support person, call the UITS Help Center at 860-486-4357, or email firstname.lastname@example.org