Adding Classes to a Student’s Schedule
Use this procedure when adding classes to a student’s schedule. If you need to swap classes for a student, use the Swapping Classes in a Student’s Schedule procedure.
Path: Records and Enrollment > Enroll Students > Enrollment Request
- In the ID field, enter the student’s ID. To select an ID from the Lookup List, click the magnifying glass icon to the right of the field. On the Lookup ID page, type the student’s name and then click Look Up. A list of IDs is displayed.
Note: You may need to click View All for all IDs to appear.
- In the Academic Career field, type the student’s Academic Career code, or use the magnifying glass icon to search for the applicable codes.
Note: Students may have more than one code listed. Select the code for the student’s current academic career.
- In the Term field, type the Term code for the term for which you’d like to enroll the student. Use the magnifying glass icon to see the terms for which the student has been term activated.
- Click Add.
- In the Class Nbr field, enter the Class Number, or click the magnifying glass icon to search for the Class Number.
- In the Units Taken field, if this is a variable credit class, type the number of credits the student will be attempting.
- In the Permission Number field, if the student requires a permission number to enroll in the class, type the permission number.
Note: Students need permission numbers for the following reasons:
- Instructor consent required
- Requisites not met
- Over-enrollment in the section
- To enroll the student in another class, click the plus icon and repeat steps 5 through 7.
- Click Submit.
- Verify the Status has changed to Success. If the Status is Errors Found, scroll down to view the error messages in the Error Messages portion of the page. Use the blue navigation bar to view errors on each class in the enrollment request.
- To view the student's schedule, click Study List.
- To print the report, click Printer Friendly Page and choose File > Print from your browser menu.
- Click Cancel twice to return to the Enrollment Request page.
- To initiate another enrollment request, scroll to the bottom right of the page and click Add.