Step 1: Accept/Decline Your Awards
Step 1 displays a summary of your financial aid awards for the selected academic year.
The awards that you have been offered are based on the information submitted on your FAFSA. Both the amount and type of your awards are based on the projected enrollment status indicated in Financial Aid Load column.
NOTE: If the number of credits you enter in Step 2 does not equal the number of credits required for the enrollment status indicated in the Financial Aid Load column of Step 1, your financial aid may be revised. You must be full-time to receive most forms of financial aid.
|If the Accept/Decline button is grayed out or inactive in Step 1, you have already accepted, declined or reduced all of your financial aid awards. You may not make any further updates via the Student Administration System. To make additional changes to any of your awards, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid Services.|
|If the Accept/Decline Awards button is active, your financial aid package is available for review. Click the Accept/Decline Awards button to take action on the awards you have been offered. You must respond within 45 days of the offer date, otherwise, any unaccepted awards may be cancelled.|
You must accept, reduce or decline each award listed by marking the corresponding Accept or Decline check box for each award.
To reduce an award, first accept it by marking the corresponding Accept checkbox, then edit the amount in the Accepted box.
- Grants and scholarships are automatically accepted for you.
- Cancelled and declined awards will not appear on this page.
- If an award is unavailable for update, you must contact the Office of Student Financial Aid Services in writing in order to make any changes.
You can click an award for details about that award type.
- Click Save to receive an Award Save Confirmation.
Selecting the OK button will bring you back to the Award Package page.
- If a PLUS Loan Eligibility award appears in your list of awards and your parent would like to borrow a Federal PLUS Loan on your behalf, you must mark the Accept checkbox of your PLUS Loan Eligibility. Your parent must also complete, sign, and return a PLUS Loan Information Form (PDF: 75KB) found on the OSFAS website.
- If you are a Graduate Student and you would like to accept the Graduate PLUS Loan eligibility award that appears in your list of awards, you must mark the Accept checkbox of your Graduate PLUS Loan Eligibility. You must also complete, sign, and return a Graduate/Professional PLUS Loan Form available on the OSFAS website.
- If you are a first-time borrower at UConn and accept a Federal Perkins Loan and/or a Federal Stafford Loan, you will be contacted regarding additional paperwork which must be completed before the loan will be disbursed.
- Items you declined will no longer appear in your Award Package.
- Stafford Loan(s) may be reduced until they have been transmitted to your lender.
- Perkins Loans may be reduced until they are disbursed.