Instructors and Advisors Help
Review Advisee Plan of Study
Advisors are notified via their UConn email when their advisee submits a Preliminary or a Final Plan of Study. There are mulitple methods to navigate to and review Plans of Study waiting your approval.
- You can click the here link provided in the email you receive.
- OR you can log in to the system and navigate: Main Menu > Self-Service > Plan of Study Approval Search.
- The Plan of Study Approval Search page displays with the My Worklist checkbox selected as the default. There are several search options. You can leave all the search fields blank and click the Search button to view the Plans of Study awaiting your approval. If you deselect the My Worklist checkbox, you can search by Approval Status (Approved, Denied or Pending). Or you can use the search parameters to search by Academic Program, Major, Report Type (Final or Preliminary), Student ID and Submitted Within timeframe.
- The list displays, depending on the search criteria used above. Click the Details icon to the right of a student's name to continue.
- A new window opens (sample below as displayed in Internet Explorer).
- On the Transaction Details page, first click the View Plan of Study link to view the plan the student has submitted. Read any student comments in the Student Communications section.
- To approve the Plan of Study, click the Approve button. Approved displays highlighted in green and a green checkmark displays in the advisor frame. An email is immediately generated to the next person in the indicated Path of Approval.
- To disapprove, click the Deny button. Clicking the Deny button requires you to enter comments.
- Enter your comments in the Comments field. Click the Share with Student checkbox if you want your comments to be viewed by the student when they access their Plan of Study status.
- Click the Unlock checkbox (top right) to enable a student to submit another Plan of Study.
- Click the Notify Substitutions checkbox to indicate a substitution has been reviewed and ensures the request is routed through the dean's office.
- Important! After making any changes, click the Save button before leaving the page.
- Access the My Advisees page to review your advisee Plans of Study status. There are columns for Preliminary and Final Plan of Study. A green circle indicates the Plan of Study has been approved. A red circle indicates it has been denied. A half green circle indicates the approval process is pending.
See examples of an approved, a denied and a pending Plan of Study below:
If you have questions regarding the Plan of Study review process, contact either your departmental or deans Plan of Study administrator or the Degree Audit unit of the Storrs Registrar's Office at 860-486-6214.