Instructors and Advisors Help
Record Mid-Term Grades
At the end of the sixth week of a semester, you must record mid-term grades for those students in 1000-level and 2000-level classes whose grade up to that point is a C-, D+, D, D-, F, U, or N. Instructors can optionally enter mid-term grades for 3000-level and 4000-classes.
After logging in, navigate to the Mid-Term Grades by clicking:
- Self Service in the Menu, then Faculty Center.
- From the Faculty Center, click the Grade Roster icon corresponding to the class for which you wish to enter mid-term grades.
- The Mid-Term grade roster for the selected class displays.
- Access the grade drop-down list for each affected student, and select the appropriate mid-term grade. Options for mid-term grades include: C-, D+, D, D-, F, U, and N.
Reminder: When working with large class lists, click Save often. The system will time you out after 15 minutes of inactivity.
- When all your mid-term grades are entered for your affected students, click Save.
NOTE: Do NOT update the Approval Status field to Approved, as when entering Final Grades.
Once the mid-term grades are recorded, they will not appear on any transcript or advising report. The Registrar's Office will extract all students with mid-term grades and communicate with them as necessary.
NOTE: The Notify Selected Students or Notify All Students buttons DO NOT send students a mid-term grade notification. You can optionally elect to send students an email using these buttons, if desired.