Instructors and Advisors Help
Record Final Grades
At the end of each term, you must enter final grades for each of your students.
NOTE: For instructions on uploading grades to the Student Administration System using a CSV file see Upload Grades.
After logging in, navigate to Final Grades by clicking:
- Self Service in the Menu, then Faculty Center.
- From the Faculty Center, click the Grade Roster icons next to each class in your teaching schedule. The icons indicate grade rosters are available for entry.
- Click the Grade Roster icon next to the class for which you wish to enter final grades. The Final Grade roster for the selected class displays.
- Access the Roster Grade drop-down list for each student and select the final grade.
- When you have entered all grades, click Save.
- Once the grades are saved, reviewed for accuracy, and ready for approval, access the Approval Status drop-down list to change the status from Not Reviewed to Approved.
NOTE: If you change the Approval Status prior to clicking Save, the grades will be lost.
- After changing the Approval Status, click Save again.
- A confirmation of successful grade submission displays. Click OK.
The Final Grades are now saved. The Registrar’s office will post the grades, at which point the students may view them online.
Additional Final Grade Information:
Grades are due 72 hours after the scheduled final exam. The absolute deadline is 72 hours after the last exam. Grades turned in after this point profoundly effect graduation, probation and dismissal, Dean's List, financial aid eligibility, etc.
Most courses at the University are graded A – F. The University leaves it to the instructor’s discretion how numerical grades equate to letter grades.
I (Incomplete) - Report an I if the completed work is passing and decide, due to unusual circumstances, the student cannot complete the course assignments.
X (Absent from the final exam) - Report an X when the student missed the final exam but is otherwise passing the course.
N (No grade) - Report an N grade when the student has been registered but not present in the class, usually indicates a registration problem.
A+ – Graduate students are eligible to receive an A+ grade; non-degree students are eligible to receive an A+ grade in graduate courses; undergraduate students cannot receive an A+ grade.
Pass/Fail – Report the earned letter grade; the system will convert the grade to P or F.
Audit – Enter a grade of AU.
S/U – Some courses are graded S (satisfactory) or U (unsatisfactory) and will not accept an A - F letter grade.
W – Indicates an administrative drop.