Adding Equation Variables
Equation variables are user-defined variables that can be used to classify students when no standard system values are available. Equation variables are used in calculating tuition for Study Abroad students, and for calculating tuition waivers for students. Equation variables are manually selected for each student, and then tuition is calculated.
There are three types of equation variables:
- Character Variables
- Study Abroad
- CT Waivers
- Numeric Variables
- Malpractice Insurance
- Y/N Flags
- Dependent Waiver
- National Guard Waiver
- Spousal Waiver
- 911 Waiver
- Veteran Waiver
- Senior Waiver
- CONN PIRG Waiver (no longer used)
- Health Insurance Waiver (online self-service)
- User Variable Y/N Flag #9
- Waive Parking Decal
Path: Student Financials > Tuition and Fees > Equation Variables
- On the Find an Existing Value page, enter criteria to search for the student.
- If the student has multiple Academic Careers, use the arrow keys in the top right blue bar to scroll to the correct Academic Career.
- Important! If a prior term is being displayed, click the plus sign. Do not overwrite an already existing term. That loses the equation variables for that term. In the Term field, type the 4-digit Term code. If you do not know the code, next to the Term field, click the magnifying glass icon, click Look Up and then select the appropriate Term.
- If you are entering a Study Abroad program, from the Char Variables page tab, click the magnifying glass icon next to the Study Abroad field, and select the Study Abroad program location.
- If you are entering a CT Waiver, click the magnifying glass icon next to the CT Waivers field, and select one of the following values: AFSCME, MANAGER or UCPEA.
- Click the Y/N Flags page tab to view all other waiver selections
- Select the appropriate waiver.
Note: When students complete the appropriate online form for waiving the health insurance charges, the corresponding field is selected on the Y/N Flags page, and the Tuition Calc Required field on the Tuition Calculation page is flagged.
- Click Save.
Note: On the Tuition Calculation page (Student Financials > Tuition and Fees > Equation Variables), the Tuition Calc Required field is now selected and the tuition calculation will occur overnight.